Multi-Purpose Facility (Pool)
Due to limited staff and ongoing program changes our schedule may change or be ammended with limited notice. We appreciate your patience and kindness.
Weekly Pool Schedule
Pincher Creek Lessons
The Pincher Creek Swimming Pool offers swimming lessons for those 4 months old to Adult ages in the Lifesaving Society's Swim For Life program. The Lifesaving Society provides lots of fantastic information on their website for parents looking to gain more knowledge of the program. You can reach out to the pool if you are trying to decide which level is best suited for your child.
Lifesaving Society AB/NWT - http://www.lifesaving.org
Watch for the next session of swimming lessons coming soon.
Online Swimming Lesson Registration - How To Guide
Swimming Lesson Transition Chart
Swimming Pool Admission Prices
Toddler 0 - 3 years ----- FREE
Child 4- 7 years ----- $4
Youth 8 - 17 years ----- $5
Adult 18 + ----- $7
Senior 55+ ----- $6
Family ------ $16
Aquafit ----- $8
Aquafit 55+ ------ $6
Shower ------- $2
Open Swim | Everyone welcome (children under 8 must be accompanied by a responsible guardian 16 years of age or older)
· Family Swim | All children must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older
· Lane Swim | For those swimming length who can swim a minimum of 25m idependently.
· Parent 'N' Tot | Parents and preschool-aged children (those 6 years old & under)
· Aquafit | Everyone welcome for a low impact workout
· Fitness Swim | For those looking to swim lengths, aquawalk, jog and similar low impact fitness.
If you would like further information, have a special lesson request, are interested in private lessons, or need a lesson you do not see above, please call us at (403) 627-2565, and we would be happy to help you!
Active Safety Supervision
The Pincher Creek Swimming Pool follows safety standards outlined by the Alberta Health Pool Standards and recommendations by the Lifesaving Society Alberta/NWT to maintain a high level of safety supervision for all bathers. Please review the following highlighted safety policies which all bathers are expected to follow at all times when visiting the pool.
Active supervision involves being able to touch, see and hear your children at all times. As a parent and/or caregiver you are responsible for the individual children you are brining to the pool.
Age of Supervision - A parent or caregive who is 16 years old or older may supervise children 15 years old and younger.
Supervision Ratio - how many children can I swim with at the pool?
- Ages 8 & older - 1 adult for every 10 children
- Ages 4 - 7 years old - 1 adult for every 3 children
- Ages 0 - 3 years old - 1 adul for every 2 children
Within Arms Reach - this means being within 1 metre of your child and continuously watching them. You should be able to always see and hear them at all times. You should never leave your child alone in the water and keep distractions low.
- Ages 8 to 15 years old - may be in the water without a parent/caregiver. They may be required to wear a lifejacket if they cannot pass the pool swim test.
- Ages 5 - 7 years old - Must have a parent/caregive within arms reach at all times. May request a swim test to swim in a water depth appropriate to the child's swimming ability.
- Ages 4 years old & younger - Must be accompanied by a parent/caregive who is responsible for their direct supervision and must be within arms reach at all times, no exceptions.
A child, parent/caregive may request a swim test to verify the swim ability of that child. A pool staff who is trained to evaluate a swim test may be asked during any of the pool swims. Lifeguards who are in active supervision of the pool will not leave their post to evaluate a swim test. Requesting a swim test does not guarantee one can be offered, especially during high volume swim times. The pool does not keep record of swim test and so the swim test is valid for the duration of the day the test is performed.
What is the Pincher Creek Swimming Pool Swim Test?
Shallow Water Test
- Jump into the water from the pool edge at the shallow end of the pool.
- Swim on your front or back across the pool for 2 widths.
- The swimmer must not touch the bottom of the pool or rest at the edge of the pool. The swimmer must maintain a horizontal body position throughout. The pool staff member evaluating the test will determine a pass or fail.
Deep Water Test
A deep water test may be requested once the shallow water test has been completed and passed. The deep water test allows for swimmers to be in water deeper than the chest or water up to the arm pits.
- Jump into deep water from the pool edge.
- Safely recover and tread water for 60 seconds. Ears and face must be kept above the water throughout.
- Perform a back float at the surface and return to the pool edge. Swimmer maintains a near horizontal body position with ears in teh water and chest near the surface.
Private Pool Rental
Book the entire pool for your own special private party! Private rentals are accomodated on Saturday's and Sunday's and start at $140/hour. All private rentals include the use of the party room for one hour. The pool requires 2 weeks notice.
Our meeting room is available for gatherings, meetings, full day training sessions, and more.
All rentals must be booked two weeks in advance. Please call (403) 627-2565 for more information.
Pool Rental Booking Agreement
The waterslide is open during family swim, public swim and parent n' tot. The waterslide is included in regular admission.
Programs & Activities
Pincher Creek is a busy community with lots of options for staying active. The best place to find out what programs are happening when is in our Program and Activity Guides. Watch here for updates and new publications.
We are hiring! Lifeguards/Instructors
Pincher Creek Swimming Pool, Casual, Part-time, Full-time
The Town of Pincher Creek will accept applications for Lifeguard/Instructors for work at the Pincher Creek Swimming Pool on a casual, part-time and full-time basis. Hours of employment will vary depending on availability and schedule requirements; there will be daytime, evening and weekend shifts available. Employees will follow the guidelines set out in the Collective Agreement between the Town of Pincher Creek and the Canadian Union of Public Employees (C.U.P.E.) Local 927. Benefits are offered for part-time and full-time positions.
Town of Pincher Creek
Pincher Creek, Alberta TOK 1WO
FIND OUT MORE ON HOW TO BECOME A LIFEGUARD
Plant and Grow Instruction Booklet
Pincher Creek Swimming Pool Facility Information
Our 23,000 square foot multi-use facility offers something for everyone all under one roof, including an Aquatic Centre, Library, Conference and Meeting Rooms, Soccer Field, and numerous outdoor recreational facilities.
Aquatic (Swimming Pool) Centre Features
This barrier free facility offers a family change room and a walk-in access to the main swim pool which easily accommodates children, those who are physically challenged, and seniors. It also offers:
6-lane competition swimming pool
Kiddie pool with splash fountain
Swimming lessons and training
Pincher Creek Swimming Pool
895 Main Street
Pincher Creek, Alberta
Schedule Line: (403) 627-4062
Pool Office: (403) 627-2565
Rec Office: (403) 627- 4322
- Operational Services
- Recreation Facilities