By-ElectionOctober 17, 2022
Municipal Elections are held on the third Monday of October every four years. The next scheduled Municipal By-Election for the Town of Pincher Creek will be October 17, 2022.
Click here: Candidate Nomination Information
October 12, 2022 Advance Voting from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 962 St. John Ave
October 17, 2022 Election Day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 962 St. John Ave
Institutional voting stations: Pincher Creek Hospital, Vista Village, Crestview Lodge and Whispering Winds Village will be available on October 17 only.
To vote, you must produce identification for inspection. The identification must be one or more of:
- Government issued photo identification which establishes your name and current address (passports are not acceptable forms of identification as they do not establish your current address).
- Document which establishes your name and address of your current place of residence, such as your most recent utility bill, tax assessment report, etc.
as required by section 53 of the Local Authorities Election Act.
You are eligible to vote if:
- you have not already voted in this election
- you are 18 years of age or older
- you are a Canadian Citizen
- you have resided in Alberta for the six (6) consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day
- your place of residence is in the Town of Pincher Creek on Election Day
- you have provided the required proof of eligilibity as required by section 53 of the local authorities act (see above)